New Pilates Equipment
What is Pilates? Pilates is a form of exercise whose aim is to strengthen your body evenly and improve your overall fitness and your well-being.
Pilates exercises are undertaken on a mat and/or with resistance and support equipment.
Pilates with equipment can support those new to Pilates, those with medical conditions and also can add extra resistance for those wanting to push their bodies further.
Who is Pilates for? Pilates is for exercisers of all ages and ability levels. You can be a beginner or a world-class athlete.
Is there a risk of injury doing Pilates?Pilates is considered to be low-impact and so injuries are not usual. It is important that you exercise with a qualified teacher who caters to your fitness needs. If you have an existing injury, some of the Pilates exercises may not be appropriate.
What are the benefits of doing Pilates?
- Pilates aims to improve your balance as well as your posture.
- It also enables you to increase your joint flexibility.
- If you take part in a Pilates session regularly, you can help to increase your muscle strength and tone.
- It is believed that by doing Pilates with equipment it can offer support to people who have aches and pains.
- Pilates can support exercisers in their training by helping the body to develop strength and flex, which in time can lessen the chances of injury.
- Pilates can also help to alleviate stress and tension.